Thursday, November 6, 2008

This was our modesty fashion show. The Y.W. put it on for the achievement day girls. It was very fun! Our theme "M is for Modesty". Seriously I don't really know what exactly that means but I was trying to think of something to say and I don't like modest is the hotest, that was the only other thing I could think of so I just made this one up. Whatever :)

Emily was soooo funny. She was all about being a serious model, so she was determined NOT to smile. She is a real ham. So I am putting up all her pictures. I made up the descriptions for all the girls. This is one activity I feel proud of, partly cause it was so hard to get cooperation at first but in the end it turned out just great. I kept telling the girls to bring me descriptions of their outfit. No one was doing it. So I tied a string on all their fingers on Sunday that I told them not to take off till they had called me. How many called? One. (well it seemed like it might work at one time duh) So I had to be on the phone a long time. But I did that. Then I had to make up a 'fun' fashion showy description of their outfits.

One of the girls left her outfit at the school and another got hurt and was at the Dr. but it still turned out very well. I ended up doing the decorating. I went to the church because I was going to help one of the girls do it, but she never showed (had car trouble I found out later) so I did it myself. I just found these big cardboard pieces up on the stage and put them up. I was going to put the words along the front of the stage but then when I found these things I did it this way.

For young women party decoration you can't beat balloons and crepe paper. The price is right and they cover a good bit of space.















I can't wait till the girls come home for a tutorial on blog stuff. I can't really get the pictures and the words to move around like I would like to but...this blog reflects me I guess, kinda of helter skelter.





4 comments:

Lindsey said...

She is definitely a natural!

Seth and Sierra said...

Too funny! Love the poses.

Justine said...

that is so funny. i'm glad it went well. it is fun looking at your guys' blog.

ShaRee said...

Ruby was pretty excited to be in this from what I heard. It is cute since she just came into Beehives recently, from Achievement days! That is a nice turnout and I know Clarissa was so excited to go and watch. Thanks for the pictures and description of the event I enjoyed your post!