Saturday, November 1, 2008

For all of you wondering when I am ever going to put something new on this blog...Here it is!
I tried to get some volleyball pictures of Emily early on in the season but our camera was too lame.
Finally with a new camera I went to Em.'s last home game of the season and what do you know, my battery was low so I only got a couple of not-so-great pics.
But I thought this one is cute of her anyway, tnat's the important thing, right? Even though it's not showing too much 'action' at the moment.
The camera has such slow reaction time it is hard to get an action shot.




Tim and Ashley are hard at work making a pumpkin head for our Halloween Man.

I would like to suggest for all pumpkin carvers Tim's technique which includes the use of an electric drill and an electric saw.

Here is Ashley posin' it up with the Halloween Man!

I really like this silly face she had going. In case you can't tell, she was a cheerleader from H.S. Musical. We actually saw HS Musical 3 last weekend. Cheesy plot of course but the dancing and the singing is great! I am impressed! It always looks so fun.

Back on topic...Ashley had a fun day. There was a carnival and trick or treating at the church. Out here that seems to be the only way to trick or treat. We did stop at Behling's and she went to Grandma's.


This is what Nick has been doing with his time lately. He leaves for school about 6:45 and gets back around 3 and then goes to work till 10 or 11. He has worked till 2:00 a.m. a few days. This is quite a fancy piece of equipment. Tim took some video of the whole process. Pretty High tech.




Here's the inside view. You can't see the 'joystick' that he holds onto on his right that has all the control. All the years of playing video games may actually have paid off :) Great thumb action! Kip told Tim he was glad to have Nick there. We are so glad Nick has the work.







3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Finally a new post!! The pumpkin man just cracks me up. I sure wish I could have seen Emily play. I didn't know Nick was working for Kip. I thought he was working for Tatoes. What happened?

Seth and Sierra said...

I'm going to have to get me an elecric saw. I doubt Seth'll let me use his, but I think that's a great techinique! Got a good one for scooping out the "guts" that's fast?

ShaRee said...

I am impressed with your men. Tim for the pumpkin carving tools and Nick. I can barely back a swather up let alone work whatever he was working! I have pictures of Bells and Ash on my blog from Halloween.