Monday, August 18, 2008

Nashville 2

This is the parthenon in Nashville. Who knew there was a parthenon in Nashville?? Not me, but it was interesting to see. It is a to-scale replica of the original Parthenon. Amazing craftsmanship.This is the inside of the parthenon. This is a huge statue of Athena (greek goddess. Remember your mythology?) She is holding Nike, another greek goddess.
We went to see the temple which is in Franklin, which is outside Nashville. It is beautiful. It is one of the smaller temples. As usual, plenty of posers available for photos :)
A vacation that includes a 7 year old is different than it would be otherwise. We went to the Children's science museum here in Nashville. I guess I was searching for dinosaurs here.

Here the girls are enjoying a little wheelchair basketball.
Love this shot! Some serious listening going on.

Here's Emily inside the guitar.
Posers at the planet display.
Emily and Ashley caught a ride on the magic school bus!

5 comments:

Two Hands Caricaturist and 1 cut 2 pieces Silhouette Artist said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ShaRee said...

Blogging is great! I would never have seen these photos of your trip to Nashwille otherwise, we are all so crazy busy! I was happy to see you blogging! I will check back often!

Ashley said...

Hi Lorraine!!! It has been forever.....We need to call each other. Love the photos of your trip.
Ashley

LaRene said...

I am glad that you now have a blog of your very own. I have added you to my list. It looks like you had a ton of fun in Nashville. It was fun to see your pictures.

Jennes said...

Wow, this blogging thing is fun! I was so surprised to see these unexpected comments from my friends! I have looked at all of your blogs too but without a name I couldn't comment. So watch out now!